The Best Stuff
- colour lover
- Contributed Stories
- creative business
- creative hq
- emerging designer
- fly the coop
- for the home
- Gift Ideas
- graphic design
- guest blogger
- interior design
- make up
- new zealand
- product design
- REAL WORLD
- sponsored post
- store front
- student work
- studio home
- Studio Home Interview
Category Archives: etsy
I feel a bit mean showing you all these terrific pieces from Gemma Patford as they aren’t all available! But I wanted to share the range and experimentation she has got to so far in crafting with rope. Such a talent!
I am loving the simple slices of colour on the bags and vessels here which are left overs from her range commissioned for recent The Design Files Open House.
Liking what you see? you might be keen to learn from the clever maker herself! Check out the dates for her workshops here.
The latest hand made leather goodies from NZ born, Brooklyn based label; Reid Damnit.
You can have a good browse through the whole collection here on Etsy and if you like, revisit the story of spunky designer Kelly Reid who I met and interviewed in her New York studio/home in late 2012.
Kelly has kindly offered all you guys 25% off including sale items from today until Wednesday the 22nd of Jan. Simple use the code: studiohome25 at the checkout.
in celebration of over 40 interviews this year – we have worked with many of those involved to bring you
26 opportunities to win!
revisit the stories of these exceptional people AND go into the draw to take home their generous offering of wares!
kowtow: interview and collection
miso: interview coming, art and zine
Emily Green : interview and necklace
Erin Lightfoot: interview and ceramic bangles
hannah jensen: interview and prints
ben crawford: interview, exclusive book q+a and book
Elk : interview and Larvik collection
Nitsua: interview coming soon and range
Ink + Spindle: interview and table runner
Erin + Tara Photography: interview coming soon, photography and Love Sweat Tears course
redfox + wilcox: interview and collection
emma leonard: interview coming soon and work
lorna love: interview and cushion cover
georgie cummings: interview and necklace collection
beth-emily: interview and print store
abby seymour: interview and site (collection yet to be released)
maaike: interview and zig zag tee
peppermint magazine: interview and mag
kelly thompson: interview and range sally goodall: interview and photography
Thanks to alllllll of you for entering!
I have drawn all the prizes at random and have now emailed all the winners. Below are the lucky devils (missing some last names sorry)
– KOWTOW: Alyssa Marion Smith
– MISO: Hayden Daniel
– EMILY GREEN: My Nguyen
– ERIN LIGHTFOOT: Elissa C
– HANNAH JENSEN: Mira Miliszewska
– BEN CRAWFORD: Alana
– ELK: Prue Kane
– NITSUA: Donna Fearne
– TRESTLE UNION: Shaye Woolford
– BECCA O’SHEA: Danelle B
– INK + SPINDLE: Kristy Clements”
– ERIN + TARA: Julia
– URBIS MAG: 1. Hayleigh 2. Jane McCurdy
– MELISSA SHARPLIN: Jasmine
– MYDEERFOX: Ansie Van Der Walt
– GEORGIA JAY: Christine Cook
– REDFOX + WILCOX: Victoria Maher
– EMMA LEONARD: Hayley Wilcox
– GEORGIE CUMMINGS: Monica Daniel-Power
– LORNA LOVE: Jay Louise
– BETH EMILY: Hannah Walker
– ABBY SEYMOUR: Emma Rowbotham
– MAAIKE: Sarah
– PEPPERMINT MAG: 1. Rebecca 2. Jessica Tremp
– KELLY THOMPSON: Alexandra Holmes
– SALLY GOODALL: Sharon
THIS COMP IS NOW CLOSED
* ARM YOURSELF WITH PEN + PAPER AND GET EXPLORING THE LINKS TO CHECK OUT THE FULL DETAILS OF EACH PRIZE!
* IN THE COMMENTS BELOW LIST IN ORDER YOUR 5 FAVOURITE PRIZES BY USING THE DESIGNER/BRAND/MAKER’S NAME.
* 1 WINNER PER PRIZE WILL BE DRAWN AND AWARDED THE BEST GIVEAWAY AVAILABLE TO THEIR CHOSEN PREFERRED OPTIONS. SO CHOOSE WELL!
* YOU CAN GAIN AN EXTRA ENTRY BY LOCATING THE “BASH” IMAGE PINNED TO THE TOP OF THE STUDIO HOME FACEBOOK PAGE AND COMMENT BELOW WITH YOUR 5 FAVOURITES.
* WHILE THEY WILL TRY – THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR PRIZE WILL ARRIVE BEFORE CHRISTMAS.
* WINNERS DRAWN AT RANDOM STARTING AT 6PM NZ TIME, 13TH DECEMBER AND ANNOUNCED ON THIS POST. WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL.
* SUPPORT THESE MAKERS/DESIGNERS/BRANDS BY CLICKING THROUGH TO EXPLORE MORE POTENTIAL GIFTS (THEY ARE ALL ON SOCIAL MEDIA TOO!!)
TERMS + CONDITIONS:
Some products supplied are only available to certain regions/countries. Please make sure you adhere:
– Urbis Subscriptons only available to NZ residents
– Sally Goodall 50% off portrait session (normally $750 AU for 75 pics) only available to those in the Melbourne region.
– The Love Sweat Tears photography course space on offer is held in Kyneton, Victoria on the 10th – 11th May 2014. Please only list if you can attend.
While checking out the Lepus Australis exhibition in Melbourne last week I spotted the stand out silk scarf submitted by Sydney based artist, Megan McKean and made a note to go stalk her online. And that I did! It seems scarves are a favourite format as you can see here with her collection celebrating the cities of London, Amsterdam, Sydney, San Francisco and New York. That NYC one is my favourite.
Toodles Noodles definitely prances around the top of the pile of independantly produced NZ stationary and giftware brands. There is a large range of printed goods on offer reaching from wrapping paper, calendars, cards and prints to these cool totes and fabric gift wrap which I am loving. Designer Liora Saad has not only poured her style into her continually growing collection but also a great website where you should go for a wee trawl.